Saturday, September 18, 2010

Halal bihalal

hari raya
Salam Lebaran!
I had 5 invitations for Halal bihalal this year! I'm so happy to finally be able to celebrate it with friends. Yes, when you live abroad and you have no family around, your friends are your family.
Friday, the day of Hari Raya itself, I went to the Ambassador's residence. It was also the occasion to meet people that I haven't seen for a long time. An abundance of good food and good company like always.
Then the next day, we were invited to Lina's house, my singaporean girlfriend. I met new singaporean and malay friends. Célia got her very first ang pao :-) I put it in her piggy bank (well it's not in form of a pig tho). All the women wore baju panjang. It kinda gave a more Hari Raya atmosphere.
Two other celebrations were held by Dharmawanita and Indo-french families association. Then the last one at the Cozon's house. This time, I made effort to put on my kebaya. This year celebrations gave a warm feeling at my heart
Selamat Hari Raya again!

No comments: